Monday, November 7, 2011

Marvelous Monday.

Without further ado.

Photobucket
1. I fell while running tonight. This isn't a marvelous happening but what was fabulous is that I didn't get hurt. This happens to every runner {right? RIGHT?} but thankfully not too often {fingers crossed} so hopefully I'm good for another decade or so. My phone, though, didn't make out as well as I did. I broke my fall with my glove-covered hand {a last minute decision I am ever-so grateful for now!} and some weird leg maneuvering {from which I'll probably be sore tomorrow} but in the process managed to hurl my phone to the ground as if furious with my listening choice and offended by the broadcasting device. Oddly enough my podcast didn't even skip a beat. The screen is shattered which wouldn't seriously bother me but it is made of glass and there are microscopic shards of it in the crevasses created by the cracks. Here's something to give you an idea of what I'm dealing with here
Photobucket
we'll deal with this at some point this week. I've already been told by two people various remedies.

What stings the most, I suppose, is that I am so totally at fault. I puttered around too long at work and completely blanked on the time change situation. While out on my run {again, another sin [I know]: running alone in the dark} I thought it was darker than normal but it didn't really occur to me until I positively ATE IT while running around our local rose garden. The side I was going along is the darkest and with the most uneven sidewalks so all in all, I blame Benjamin Franklin {daylight savings time...we no longer live in an agrarian society...though I do appreciate the "extra" hour in the fall} and the city of San Jose {uneven sidewalks}. How's that for adult accountability?


2. This past weekend Mikey and I discovered The Wonder Years on Netflix instant streaming {no, we haven't jumped ship yet}. This is to be a productivity blocker for sure. Mike is enamored of the show and I am also remembering how wonderful it is.


3. I have some perky and glittery turquoise on my fingernails to keep me buoyant during these last weeks of marathon training that also coincide with colder and darker weather.


4. We're now allowed to turn on the heat in the house; rejoice!


5. I've been enjoying some new podcasts, namely Grammar Girl {if only she had a Spanish version!} and The Dinner Party.


What's been great about your Monday? Hopefully you and the sidewalk did not become intimate friends!
xoxo, natty ♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment