Saturday, November 19, 2011

Let there be light!

Mike and I were slurping down our pho at the local Vietnamese place when all of a sudden it was pitch black. The electricity was out all over that block and being in a restaurant with no way to see was pretty great...for a while. Someone made a comment about candles or something like that and we all laughed. The lights came on after two or so minutes but went out again, for good, half way through our meal. Everyone in the place pulled out cell phones for light and kept eating but what was the weirdest of it all was that the proprietors were very quick to lock the doors! I guess that it makes sense from a business owner standpoint and I sure felt very secure in my little locked down eatery. 
We went to the mall to walk around in some light since our house is on the same grid and when we got home 30 minutes ago we were back in business; thanks Pacific Gas and Electric!
We're gearing up for the next week I suppose; the next two days include some birthdays and cleaning up and hanging out, hopefully with full electricity. I hope that you have a great weekend with loads of light and warmth! 
xoxo, natty ♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment