Friday, February 3, 2012

Beautiful Beach.

Fact : California hasn't had a very harsh winter this season. 
Fact : I have benefited from this.
Last weekend Mikey and I, for once, acted our age and got spontaneous. I went to watch his soccer game on Sunday {yes, he plays in a men's league and I sometimes go to be his cheerleader...or read a book in the sun with the dog.} It was lovely even if his team didn't do so well. 
Here's where the spontaneity really gets going {don't be put off by our crazy lifestyle here...keep reading}!. We drove to Half Moon Bay after his game. We left Palo Alto at 3:30 ish and got to the coast in less than an hour. Folks, it was just beautiful. It was the kind of day that makes me acutely grateful for this Golden State that I'm lucky enough to call home. I called ahead and made us a dinner reservation at Sam's Chowder House which is where the mobile comes from but there was enough time to pull off at a random beach. We had initially thought it would be neat to see some of the big waves since Mavericks is supposedly going on but the ocean was super calm...not something that happens too often & especially not so in the middle of January.
An off-kilter angle but two happy people!
The hound ran around in the sand and did an epic {for his four inch long legs} amount of digging to nowhere. 
Guinness was frosted in sand after it all...& he looked a bit bewildered.
The Mister and I didn't literally dig but we sure did dig {HA!} the amazing fresh air and ethereal light!
My phone camera {I'm still not using a real one...just deal with it...[that's mostly for myself y'all]} sometimes puts a weird spin on the lighting...it wasn't super yellowy though it appears to be so. 
It was just dang pretty.
Dinner was also delicious - the lobster roll stole the show. We got home by 8:30 none the worse for the wear and totally able to get ready for work the next Monday morning...what in the world keeps us from doing something this fun every Sunday rather than just running errands, laying around and thinking that we must rest as much as possible in preparation for the next five days?Do you have a Sunday ritual that helps to combat the End-of-Weekend-Doldrums? I feel like I've tried many a solution but I can say, without a doubt, that a trip to the beach is one of my top five!
xoxo, natty ♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment