Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Some thoughts.

After biking for 25 minutes and doing yoga for an hour yesterday, although it was just one day, I think that I can confidently and without any desire to offend anyone say that I freaking hated it. 
Yoga I actually enjoy but usually as a nice stretchy end to my run. Biking to get somewhere is fun but I'm a wimp when it comes to being alongside cars and potentially crashing so the stationary bike is where it's at for me. I tell you though, reader, that it just does.not.do.it.for.me. 
I'm lucky that I have the time and physical energy to be active, of that I certainly don't complain. I am also blessed to have access to a gym and exercise classes and all that good stuff. But I do seriously need to get this off my chest, my biggest first world complaint {other than not loving the way tap water tastes} : I get so bored on the bike. Like, SO BORED. Plus I hardly feel like I'm doing anything. I don't sweat for at least 20 minutes. I think it might take about two hours of biking for me to feel the way I feel after half an hour of running. That's probably exaggerating but there's much more bang for my buck when I'm hitting the pavement rather than pedaling away.
It was nice to do stuff yesterday since before then I had been in a weird limbo where the doc said I shouldn't do a dang thing. It would have been MUCH nicer to run, though. Much.
Since I'm on a rant, I'll throw in that I wasn't enamored of my yoga class last night either. My YMCA used to have this really awesome instructor for the Monday evening class but she's gone. I don't doubt that last night's lady knows her stuff but she wasn't super warm about it {my old girl was} and seemed to just be winging it rather than having planned a class. Plus she was doing this type of yoga that is much less "movey" and active than what the description of the class is. There was a whole lot of just sitting and stretching and not one downward facing dog. Or cat/cow poses {my fave}. I do enjoy some flow-yoga and this was pretty stagnant.
But my Y has other instructors so I'll give it a try later this week.
And there you have it, my complaining for the week. Thinking about how I try to be positive on Mondays makes me feel guilty right now getting this out but it was on my mind y'all!
What's that?
You'd like a bit more just so I can be really bad? 
Ok!
I'm having some sinus/allergy biz-nass going on so I got some meds to take.
Folks, this stuff is blue. And it's gross too. Gross as in it tastes like the fake blue raspberry flavoring that is so prevalent in candies nowadays.
Growing up I adored getting sick {kind of} because it meant I could take Dimetapp {that glorious purple grape-flavored stuff} and everything since then has been a let down. Do you perchance feel the same way?
Anyway, the whole point of this post was not to quejar up the wazoo but to reiterate a deep love of running. It is my perfect sport and hopefully I'll soon be able to enjoy it again. Even if it means hours and hours of biking. With a nasty scowl on my face.
 xoxo, natty ♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment