Friday, March 16, 2012

Finally it's Friday.

To cap off this week our theme day was related to our class theme. My homeroom is a sophomore one so I'm with their motif this year which was Harry Potter.
I went the easy route and dressed up as a wizard trying to blend in as a muggle {mismatched}. That won't make sense if you're not up to snuff with HP terminology and because I'm pooped I'll let you do the googling if indeed you fall into that category.  My friend and I made sure to snag the part of the class' decorations that were our effigies {all of the homeroom teachers get put up there somehow}.
I think I'm supposed to be a Weasly brother.
We also had a baby shower for a coworker after the festivities. I contributed the diaper decorations which thankfully did not involve candy bars of any sort {if you don't get the reference then be glad} but were a lovely three tiered diaper cake and a diaper signing station {to write nice notes for mom & dad when they're doing diaper duty}.
The cake came out nicely, yeah? 
After I told him what I was making last night and got started with it Mike disgustedly asked me if I was really going to bake on those diapers. Ha!
Aaaaaand for my own memories since I once was a student at the school where I now work, I recorded our Alma Mater. This song is sung at the end of most any rallies and assemblies. It's been around for quite a while and can be sung very beautifully but if left to their own devices the kiddos throw in A LOT of stomping and yelling. 
Either way it's a special song.
Have a GREAT weekend and don't forget your green tomorrow!
 xoxo, natty ♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment