Saturday, March 24, 2012

A respite.

Today was great. With the stress of last week but the knowledge that my grandmother is doing better {let's keep up that trend!} it's been really nice, actually, to be in Arizona. We didn't know if we would go through with this weekend. Family encouraged us, though, and I'm glad that they did. It's been lovely to have a break.
The me-maw was able to go home today {woot!} and will continue speech therapy. Luckily there were no physical effects. She'll need someone around her for at least a month and will have to lay off the driving but she's got her house and garden {not to mention family} as well as NPR and a plethora of books to keep her occupied and engaged.
That being said, again, today was great. I'll do a real post on it all but Becs, my MIL and AIL {aunt-in-law} took our hummingbird class in the morning and then we joined up with the men folk to take in the Cubbies play the Padres. My friends, Spring Training {Cactus League} is.no.joke. People take it ser-eeee-us-lee and it is a total blast.
Outside of the Butterfly Pavilion at the Botanical Garden.
More to come for you later next week. For now we're off for some Wild West BBQ. I'm so happy to be surrounded by family and friends, the heat {it was in the 80s today} and the knowledge that my me-maw is on the road to recovery.
 xoxo, natty ♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment