Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Words With Friends.

A few months ago Sir Alec Baldwin stirred up some trouble playing the game Words With Friends while aboard an American Airlines flight. You can read a perspective about it HERE
When brainstorming costume ideas for Smart Phone App Day {in between teaching and grading, natch} some coworkers and I decided on making t-shirts so that we could each be a letter from aforementioned word game {it's kind of like Scrabble but on a phone}. So we went for it.
As a faculty-staff group we recruited enough people to spell out...
We used old {or new} t-shirts, contact paper to make the stencils and bleach gel pens. The stencil was the outline of the letter. We pressed the contact paper {sticky on one side} onto the shirt and filled in the letter shape with the bleach gel. 
Mine was blurry around the edges. Oh Well.
A 20 minute wait and rinsing off provides a bleached-out shape!
I was "L" and worth one point though my family thinks I'm worth more;).
We scrambled around at the end-of-the-day assembly and the kids yelled out their guesses for what we spelled out. Yep, that's my job.
I also took a short video off the sheer and utter screaming that happens all throughout the rally.
I know you're jealous! And Happy Tuesday y'all!
xoxo, natty ♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment