Friday, March 2, 2012

101 in 1001: March 2012.


At the start of every month I’d like to write about my “101 in 1,001”; what I’ve completed in the past four or so weeks and what I look forward to in the next.
Click HERE to read what this is all about and click HERE to keep track of more up-to-date progress via the Google document.

February 2012: 1/101 goals complete; 16/101 goals in progress.

Did I begin:
* Number 21: Purchase five of my favorite books from growing up; 0/5. Eeeek…no.
* Number 53: Finish my long-ago-began t-shirt quilt. Eeeek again…no.
* Number 56: Plant bulbs. Eeeek x 3…no.

Did I complete:
* Number 5: Buy a lottery ticket. Again…no.
* Number 30: Back up our computers. Nope.
* Number 35: Sign up for a produce delivery service. Aaaaand not yet.
* Number 92: Finish writing thank you notes. Almost but still “no”!

Did I continue:
* Number 1: Enjoy local nature {hiking, biking, etc.} {local = within a two hour car ride} once a month; 2/33. Yes! Pebble Beach {not the Pebble Beach!} 2/12/2012 Mike, Guinness and I…lovely pebbles instead of sand! 
* Number 12: Ski at least twice every winter/spring; 1/6. No but I decided that having skied several times in one weekend back in January counts…so, yes? 2/6.
* Number 16: Talk to my parents once a week; 9/132. Yes!
* Number 18: Identify 132 things that make me happy {one a week}; 9/132. Week 5: a new month is here which means my first monthly update! Week 6: trying a new recipe or two. Week 7: our first Valentine’s Day as a married couple and planning to make fondue together. Week 8: crafting for St. Paddy’s Day & Mardi Gras is this week. Week 9: continuing my Lenten practices and starting some exercise.
* Number 25: Get all of my documents and accounts switched over to my new name. Yes…kind of! This was technically begun in 2011 but it still counts! I have a DMV appointment 2/21/20012 to get a new driver’s license.  Update: I didn’t bring our marriage certificate; ooops!
* Number 32: Come up with a new way to be green every month; 2/6. Yes. February 2012: I kind of cheated and didn’t think too much about this one before the month started but it soon came to me; this month we aren’t using the heater at all in our apartment. It’s been such a mild winter and it gets really warm in our place naturally an usually it’s just I who turns it on because I’m “cold” so this will be a great time to just deal with it.
* Number 39: Walk Guinness in the evenings at least once a week; 9/6. Yes.
* Number 49: Bake cookies or breads once a month; 2/33. Yes. February 2012: pound cake for Valentine’s fondue. I also did a lemon bread but it was not that great.
* Number 50: Cook something new every month; 2/33. Yes. February 2012: pork butt in the crock pot…so good!
* Number 57: Begin to sew and create something that I can wear; something I can use around the house and something that I can give to someone else; 1/3. Sadly, not continued.
* Number 72: Go to the movies once a month; 2/33. Yes! February 2012: “Chronicle” {not so good but I had really wanted to see it so it was a good day all-in-all}.
* Number 89: Continue to uphold and develop our own traditions {birthdays, New Year, Thanksgiving, Halloween, anniversary, etc.} Yes! Fondue for Valentine’s Day {2/2012}.
* Number 90: Blog once a day until June 2012. Yes!
* Number 99: Read through the “50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind” once a month; 2/33. Yes!

Unexpectedly:
* Number 27: Go one month without buying anything for myself that isn’t food related. Woo Hoo! Part of my Lent this year is to not buy anything for myself that isn’t food/medicine/work related. So far so good. Begun on 2/22 and should be completed on 3/21 {four weeks = one month}.
* Number 78: Visit a museum once a season; 1/11. Winter 2011-2012: The Oakland Museum of California on 2/18/2012.

In March 2012…

I would like to begin:
* Number 53: Finish my long-ago-began t-shirt quilt.
* Number 56: Plant bulbs.

I would like to complete:
* Number 30: Back up our computers.
* Number 35: Sign up for a produce delivery service. Especially since warmer weather {& more interesting fruits and veggies} is coming up.
* Number 63: Leave a nice and anonymous note for someone once a season; 0/11.
* Number 92: Finish writing thank you notes. 

I would like to continue:
* Number 1: Enjoy local nature {hiking, biking, etc.} {local = within a two hour car ride} once a month; 2/33.
* Number 16: Talk to my parents once a week; 9/132.
* Number 18: Identify 132 things that make me happy {one a week}; 9/132.
* Number 32: Come up with a new way to be green every month; 2/33.
* Number 25: Get all of my documents and accounts switched over to my new name.
* Number 49: Bake cookies or breads once a month; 2/33.
* Number 50: Cook something new every month; 2/33.
* Number 72: Go to the movies once a month; 2/33.
* Number 89: Continue to uphold and develop our own traditions {birthdays, New Year, Thanksgiving, Halloween, anniversary, etc.}.
* Number 90: Blog once a day until June 2012.
* Number 99: Read through the “50 Questions That Will FreeYour Mind” once a month; 2/33.

Wowzas. Much like last month I’m not putting too much out there for the next four weeks. I’m realizing now that I’m definitely still getting the hang of this whole thing…how I like to write my monthly update as well as how to look ahead for the next month. It’s not as easy as just writing the initial list. But. I’m totally loving this. It might appear as though my list is full of funny little things {bake once a month!} but, oddly enough, it feels great to have these mini goals to look forward and hold myself accountable to…they make the larger goals {apply for a graduate program!} seem not-so-daunting.

With that said, let’s go March!
Happy Lion & Lamb Month {that has NOTHING to do with Twilight, btw, click here to read about what I mean} to you dear Reader!
xoxo, natty ♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment