Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Random.

In case you can't tell, my blogging lately has been flogging. Ha! Not really, that wouldn't make sense. I really mean to say that it's "lagging" but "flogging" just sounded so much better!
Anyway, it's a time of the school year where I feel as though there are piles of work waiting to be done all around me. But isn't that how all of August to May works anyway??
So until I can get my druthers expect some more posts like this and those of Saturday and Sunday past...ones without much going on and kind of scattered thoughts. I do have some ideas coming up {new recipes, that marathon we did in December that I still haven't explained [I want a nice period of time where I can sit and really hash it out], plans for the future...} but for the time being please bear with me.
With that being said, some thoughts on my mind right now:
  • The pooch and I just went to the dog park. It's a few blocks from where we live and I try to walk him over once a week. This park isn't very popular and neither is the four to five PM after work time slot. Today, though, was a record high; at one point there were six separate dogs and owners! The dog park is always anyone's guess as to what kinds of wild cards {owners and dogs} one might encounter. I'm the shy owner who doesn't really talk too much to the other owners {as in I don't make the first move}. Guinness is much like that too. Since we got this hairy dude almost six years ago I've observed that when at dog parks there are inevitably the following: 
  1. A zealous dog person who adamantly protects his/her dog from other dogs; why even come? 
  2. The over enthusiastic and, ahem, amorous male dog.  
  3. A timid older dog that just watches what the other ones are doing.  
  4. A yipey tiny dog.  
  5. The dog that only sees the ball his/her owner is throwing for her. 
  6. The owners that are flirting with each other.
        I could go on but if you've ever experienced this aspect of modern society you'll
        know of what I speak. Today the dogs were all good and our little guy even
        mixed it up a bit and actually played with the other hounds rather than
        standing behind my legs and merely observing. Way to get out there Guinness!

  • Have I mentioned that we're going to Arizona this weekend? Well, WE ARE!
  • We're also going to have a bit of an east coast tour during spring break; more on that later.
  • I'm feebly continuing with my physical therapy on my own at home. I'm also feeling so.very.antsy and ready to run again. I haven't spoken with my lady-doctor-physical-therapist-friend so I probably shouldn't give it a go on my own but I SO want to.
That's about all for now. I've got some lesson planning and dinner cooking and laundry to look forward to between now and bed time. Wish me luck!
 xoxo, natty ♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment