Friday, March 23, 2012

Yesterday's picture.

I took the picture of my hubby and cousin yesterday in a hospital room. In the effort to record my everyday life I'm posting although I'm pretty bummed out right now. My grandmother had a moderate stroke on Tuesday night. We were in the ER until the wee hours of the morning. She had the kind of stroke that doesn't cause any physical problems but she has this horrible word recognition issue. I can't remember the fancy/technical name right now and just couldn't possibly look it up right now but the gist is that she might hear one word or question and respond to another seemingly random word/question. It's super weird and upsetting because she seems so out of it but the "good" thing is that it's just what happens to the brain in this sort of situation. Hopefully it gets better.
Anyway, we're still traveling this weekend. She's very ambulatory and seems as though she's improving {knock on wood} bit by bit and was even asking us if we're ready for our trip so it feels "ok".
Ugh. I'm so grateful things were caught quickly.
Over and out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment