Thursday, April 12, 2012

Easter Basket Reveal.

As I mentioned last week, I enjoy Easter. Apart from the less tangible symbolism t's such a harbinger of Spring for us in the Bay Area {& in other places obviously} and it also means that Summer is just around the corner. This year we broke with tradition and had the egg hunt before brunch. Woah! Then we brunched. It was a lovely day and very low-key. It also wasn't blustery or rain soaked which has happened before.
Mikey and I shied away from actually searching for eggs, we just enjoyed the scenery.

And one of the cats.
My poor aunt in the background HATES cats.
This thing is so old and beyond prickly but I love her. 
I like to think that the feeling {feline feeling, that is} is mutual but that she just can't express herself very well.
Another highlight of the day was a certain Oryctolagus cuniculus; the Easter Bunny does indeed come to visit us once a year and ever-so-kindly brings some treats.
This year Mr. Mike got a pickle in a bag {which is patiently waiting in the fridge for our return}, little chocolate balls covered in sports wrappers, some mints {just because he likes them, not for any other reason!} white chocolate peanut cluster thingies and ingredients for pad thai.
I got McVities Digestive biscuits, a chocolate mousse mix, a tiny bottle of prosecco and a min panettone; yum!
Thanks Easter Bunny, you're great.
In other news, we explored Boston a bit on Tuesday. We stayed in Harvard Square and got a neat little tour Monday night with dear Ellie {hi Fence, we had so much fun with you!} and shared a great dinner. The next day we took the train and checked out the downtown area and walked a bit of the Freedom Trail. This trail is a self guided tour that walks through many neat-o and very historical sites. 
Not a big fan of being in or taking pictures; we compromise.
It's literally a red brick or painted line in the sidewalk that guided us; follow the red brick road!
We walked past some really beautiful homes. One had a very creative decoration in it's window planter boxes in preparation for this next Monday's Boston Marathon.
So cute!
I loved every minute of my time in Boston despite being exhausted from an Easter Sunday red eye flight. I'm super grateful that my amazing friend hosted us and took care of me for a few zombie like hours.
We're currently in D.C. hanging out with my brother-in-law and taking in the sights of our nation's capital. I'll have much more to say and many, many more pictures to share soon but I'll sign off with something I fell in love with; airport stragglers. 

These little guys were inside the La Guardia airport in New York during our layover on Monday; they were glad to be inside, I'm sure, but definitely not thrilled with my photo-taking attempts. I can't say that I blame them; ha!
xoxo, natty ♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment