Saturday, April 7, 2012

Fun stuff.

I don't have anything concrete to tell y'all today but I have been enjoying snapping some springy and Eastery shots so they can suffice. The rest of this post will also be pretty darn random which is A-OK for me since I'm enjoyed unstructured vacation time.
Japanese Maples are beautiful trees but I think the green version is absolutely breathtaking. I feel as though I could get lost in the varying shades if I look too long at the leaves.
Is it beautiful where you are? Today has been lovely and tomorrow is supposed to be "ok" but the rest of the week {here and where we're traveling to} is supposed to be yug-o. Such is this time of year.
I've struggled with weird sinus stuff my whole life {sorry, kind of gross but I feel the need to record this}. I get painful head/face aches and my teeth throb something fierce. My ears do this crazy popping and there's all sorts of pressure going on. I think it's because everything in there is small so stuff tends to get aggravated, that would be my guess, but it's super annoying and I'm dealing with a bunch of it today. Would Claritin type medicine help I wonder? Ugh.
Mikey's away all day with friends leaving me to my own devices. My grammy and cousin and I hung out this morning and got some fun stuff. World Market has 50% off all Easter stuff today {ridiculous considering the holiday hasn't even happened}. 
The panettone did not last long once we got it home; so good! 
I'm not a huge theme-decorator and usually spring for vintage/Goodwill/garage sale finds since they're often domestically-made and I like the idea of not bringing in new things and being able to recycle others' buuuuuuuuut sometimes it's nice to have matching new stuff. Especially when it's cheap! So I indulged a bit. 
This little bunny's right ear was missing {more discount!} so I snipped off a bit of the raffia stuff from the back and hot glued it in place. You can hardly tell; ha!
This is my little decorating corner - it's where I put our my {who am I kidding here? Mikey has no interest} holiday swag. Most of these thingies are gifties for people tomorrow. 
I love Easter baskets. I've made them for me and the mister for several years. I like to put in candy, of course, but I also think it's a great idea to put in some practical items like new socks or something fun to cook. I'll do a reveal of ours tomorrow in case prying eyes are reading this today {doubtful}.
I've mentioned before that "devout" is not a word that comes to mind when describing me, myself and I. At the same time I really appreciate the symbolism that comes with this time of year {Lent to Easter Sunday}; the ideas of prayerful/meditative time, fasting {literally and figuratively}, giving back and rebirth. I think that tangibles of new leaves and green, green, green! all around us makes those thoughts more poignant. Christmas is great but this time of year is much more meaningful in my eyes.
Do you celebrate Easter or perhaps just the season? It just occurred to me that in the southern hemisphere {random thought} it's autumn when Easter is celebrated so it doesn't coincide with spring. Huh. Anyway, I wish you a joyous celebration whatever form it may take {or not} for you this weekend!
xoxo, natty ♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment