Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Greenery and soup.

The title of this post really does belie exactly what you are about to read.
This time of year SPEAKS to me in our Bay Area. It's when GREEN comes out in full force. I think that in other parts of the country {where it's humid? where there are actual winters?} summer is when plant life really becomes verdant. Since we don't have snow and our summers are drier and hot, March through June is when this color of life abounds.
These are some of my grandmother's many {many} plants. 
Bee Tee Dubs, here's the gang at her birthday celebration last Saturday.
Everybody say "Thai food!"!
Her garden certainly does grow. I love the contrast of red brick, beautiful kelly-green and maroon leaves and the glorious white blooms.
There is even a bit of purple sneaking in there!
Side note : UGH...Photobucket recently changed their format and I can't, for the LIFE OF ME, figure out how to make a collage! Aye. I can start the collage and begin bringing in other layers but I can't figure out how to re-size the individual photos. Any ideas lurking out there?
Are you enjoying your local vernal flora? Fauna, perhaps? Ha ha...this is my year-round fauna.
On a completely unconnected note, we just finished a very European-Latino dinner; tortilla {Latino! Or at least Tex-Mex but I've certainly had tortilla soup IN México.} soup at 9:30 PM {Euro!}! Times have been busy {it's that time of year in a teacher's life} but I was dedicated to this meal so late soup it was.
I rarely have the forethought to actually prepare and set out my ingredients prior to beginning the cooking process but sometimes I do.
Tonight was one of those times.
Look at the pretty spices!
The finished product appearing not very appetizing but the avocado makes me so happy!
How's your Tuesday winding down? Last night I was having a hard time wrapping my mind around the idea that it.was.still.Monday but with Wednesday right around the corner I'm feeling a bit more optimistic.
xoxo, natty ♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment