Thursday, October 18, 2012

"And that's why you ALWAYS pay your parking tickets."

Alternately titled "Dude, WHERE'S my car?"

Yesterday I had decided to drive o work because I had an errand to run after work that would be a lot easier/faster with our car. 
But.
When I walked out to get into my vehicle it wasnotthereohmygoodnessitgotstolen!

After some neighborhood canvassing and calling and fretting I figured out that the car hadn't actually been absconded but that it had been towed.

Because we had two unpaid tickets. 

I'm fully disclosing our/my sins here so that we don't ever let this happen again.

I guess that in DC one's back tire gets booted if you haven't paid a ticket or tickets in a while. After a day you then get towed.
You naughty thing!
Man oh man I wish we had paid those tickets or at least checked out the car some time on Monday which is when the boot was installed.

So I took the bus out to the boondocks a.k.a. the impound lot, paid some bucks to atone for the tickets and the towing cost and the lot fee, and drove to work three hours late.

Lesson learned. Let's hope.
xoxo, natty ♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment