Saturday, October 13, 2012

Ribbon.

I wanted to write down how I made the wreaths I concocted earlier this week.
I made two separate ones, a ribbon wreath and a rag one.

For the ribbon wreath:
I used a 12" foam wreath and a spool of cute orange & black diamond-checkered ribbon.
I secured the end of the ribbon spool to the foam wreath with hot glue and just wrapped the ribbon around the whole foam wreath.
I added on about eight inches of black grosgrain using the same process.
I made a smallish bow using the orange and black ribbon. I formed it and then tied/secured the bow with black sewing thread. 
I glued this ribbon on the black portion of the wreath.
I cut a several inch length of the plain black grosgrain ribbon and connected it to the back the wreath where I wanted it to hang from using a florist's pin.
Yea!

For the rag wreath:
I bought several quarter-yard's worth of coordinating orangey-brownish-autumnal fabric. I chose out about six different patterns.
Using pinking shears I cut out two types of strips; both are one inch wide and one set are about eight inches long and the other about six.
I took a wire hanger {thank you dry-cleaning!} and formed it into a circle. I kind of pulled down the hook park so that it's not that high up.
I layered the strips so that they alternated in size and pattern and then I started tying the strips to the wire hanger.
My black pants accumulated a lot of fluff during the process.
I actually had far more strips than needed to cover the wire hanger but I put them all on and it came out looking nice and shaggy!
I've since bent over the hook so that it doesn't stick out this much like some turkey neck.
I LOVE this kind of crafting; do you?
Happy Saturday and, Washington Nationals - I am SO sorry about last night.
xoxo, natty ♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment