Sunday, October 21, 2012

Hodgepodge; October 2012.

A bit of a brain dump for y'all.

*   We had a great and exciting time volunteering last night! Prost!

*   As I said, I am really pumped about our Winter CSA. I mentioned it HERE. We'll be receiving a twice-monthly bounty that includes cheese, yogurt, and eggs. The first installment was plentiful! I'll be tackling butter beans this week and a variety of other leafy greens that we still have.

*   Yes, I'm still mentally keeping track of my 101/1'001which I EEK haven't update for you all since May. Life got the better of me but I have not forgotten! Perhaps in November there will be a Mega-Update.

*   Earlier this week I started a great book. A few years ago I read "The Glass Castle" by Jeannette Walls and I've been thinking about it since. It's a haunting memoir and such an engaging novel. The book I finished this week is Jeannette's subsequent novel entitled "Half Broke Horses: A True-Life Novel" and it's a historical memoir of her grandmother. Both pieces are, like I said, haunting. I highly suggest both books.

*   The weather is roller-coasting all over the place. It's been very pleasant, I will say that much, but there was CRAZY rain Friday afternoon {I was driving and it felt like a person was throwing buckets of water onto my car} and then it's about to go back up to the mid-high seventies. I'm really loving the leaves and warm breezes!!! But I could do without the buckets of rain.
We're carving pumpkins next weekend; YES!!!!

I hope that your weekend was fruitful and that you are feeling rested and well prepared for the week ahead!
xoxo, natty ♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment