Tuesday, October 30, 2012

"Non-Partisan".

On Saturday night we celebrated the autumn by hosting a pumpkin carving-World Series-football-soup evening. "Football" wasn't on the evite, though, I'll tell you that much.
I prepped the scene with some bats, thanks to Dana.
There were about seven pumpkins and lo and behold! Seven voting categories and prizes!

Amazing!

I bought a kit from a grocery store, one of the little packets I had always scoffed at because they look flimsy but it came with a bunch of stencils and I thought that could be a good thing to have for a crowd.

We taped down plastic garbage bags on the floor and got started cutting, scooping, and scraping.
I whipped out my big chef's knife and after poking at my pumpkin a bit and realizing just how challenging it might be, I gave one of the little grocery-store tool a chance and OH MY GOODNESS it was amazing!
Those little saws and knives work SO well. Though they might appear cheap and snap-able, they do exactly what they're supposed to do.

My favorite part of the evening was lighting all of the candles and turning off the lights; what a scene!
There were too many to fit in one row.
We had some store bought soups {cheat} and the pumpkin black bean soup {thanks Becs!} I made. There were lots of snacks and goodies that everyone brought and it was a very delicious and filling evening.
Our categories were:
Most Halloween-y.
Nicest.
Best Name.
Most Original {mine!}.
Scariest.
Funniest.
And "Cutest" but I can't fins a picture of the cute owl pumpkin so just imagine it; it was cute.
Guinness was also quite popular.

Then he got tired.
Have you carved yet this year? Halloween has taken a bit of a back-seat to "Frankenstorm" and I'm glad we got this in before the rain and wind started.

And wowzas; it's almost Wednesday and I haven't been to work yet this week! Here's to a Halloween back at the desk.
xoxo, natty ♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment