Wednesday, May 30, 2012

California on my mind.

After waxing poetic on what I might miss about California after we move I mulled over a few other things today. In no particular order :
  • The San Francisco Zoo; as a youngster I spent many very happy hours in its walls with my dad. He took me to tons of museums and parks when it was just us two and these memories are priceless to me. I haven't been in a few years and I think he and I will make a trek before Mike's and my BIG trek.
  • Vineyards; it's not like I got out to do much wine tasting in the years since I came of age {seven, in case you're trying to do the math} but I like knowing that I can. Isn't that always the case with what we take for granted?
  • San Francisco; this city is kind of on my list. It's beautiful and cosmopolitan for sure. I like to run along the bay because the people watching is supreme. But. It's also frigid most of the year and I never feel cool {no pun intended} enough to be there. Now I've said it and I don't mean to offend anyone and we don't ever need to mention it again.
  • Palm trees; these dudes aren't native to California, actually, but they're everywhere and a palm tree in the skyline means you're in the Golden State.
  • Death Valley; I've not emoted about my favorite national park but that's just because I haven't gone there in the lifetime of this blog. I love this place. As you know, I adore the desert, and Death Valley holds much barren charm. And history which I love {especially when it's pioneeral}. I doubt we'll make it there before we leave so I'll have to plan a future trip.
I'll keep you updated as my list grows. How's your Tuesday? Mine was fairly uneventful but I've been feeling tired nonetheless. That can only mean one thing; early bedtime!!
¡Hasta mañana!
 xoxo, natty ♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment