Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Yo-Gaaaah.

May is progressing quite rapidly, wouldn't you agree? The days are lengthening and as any teacher this time of year I'm spending a great deal of those sunny hours indoors wrapping up a fruitful {I hope!} year. A quintuplet of lovely thoughts for today. This short video, by the way is what our dachshund does after he gets a bath. Ignore my freaky alien voice in the background. And it makes my heart sing along with some happy thoughts for the day and week ahead.

1} I made it to Yoga; Hallelujah! I veered off course and tried an actual yoga studio that opened up near where we live instead of my tried and apparently not-so-true YMCA and folks, I am a changed woman. 

I used to love the cute red head who led Monday night yoga classes at my YMCA but she recently left and I haven't much felt the woman who took her place. Like, not at all. 

After this evening's class, though, I think that everything else I had done was just simple and prolonged stretching. This girl had us going good and fast but also included lots of time in specific poses which I love. 

It may be that tonight's class was a specific type of yoga that is more active and that her other classes are more similar to what I'm used to but, really, I think that Lisa at the Y was just appealing to the, ahem, older crowd in her classes. Which was great and I LOVED it because I zoned out and relaxed. But, honestly, this felt more up to my speed. I'm no yogi {bear; HA!} but I do like to do more than Sit and Be Fit and this class was exactly that. 

Mind you {and me}, I'll be sore tomorrow, there were a lot of outstretched arms and lunging after all. But this is good, This is what my bod {yeah, I just said that} has been craving. Too bad we're leaving soon. Do y'all suppose I can find something similar in the District of Colombia? 

By the way, it's actually a climbing gym but they offer exercise machines, spinning, and yoga classes. I would have ridden my bike {I walked} but Mike's wheels got stolen a while back {another night, another post} and they had our lock wrapped around them {not secured to anything, obviously}.

2} I also ran a bit today. I'm being very quiet about this so I shall say No More.

3} No more early Mondays as a teacher...for now. This is actually pretty Sad to me because I like my job so I won't go on. Actually, this doesn't even belong here.

3 second try} We crock-potted tonight; is anything more glorious?

4} Indian Food, that's more glorious. And it's on tomorrow's agenda!

5} I teach great kiddos. This is a Fabulous thing to be able to say and I am so blessed.

What's good in your neck of the woods today and this week Reader? Do you have any exciting Memorial Day plans? Did you catch the lunar activity last night? Are you following the NBA playoffs? Does it strike you odd that no other country in the world has at least three major sports {I'm thinking baseball, basketball and football [grid iron style, not the real football]} that are massively popular {I'm not even counting hockey, apologies there}? I certainly do.
Happy Late Monday to you!

xoxo, natty ♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment