Monday, May 21, 2012

Living.

Ooooooph. I apologize, Dear Reader, for yesterday's lack of anything substantial. The day just totally got away from me but I did still want to get in a little something. Anyway.
I cleaned all day yesterday. This little apartment of ours hadn't fully been cleared out this way in quite a while which wouldn't have been an issue but I had some lovely friends over before we headed to our reunion celebration and I didn't want to subject them to dog hair and dust.
Y'all, it feels so dang GOOD to have a clean space. Clutter happens fast in our home and can be hard to keep up with. Maybe for our last six weeks we can make it happen; is it a deal Mike? Deal!
On the topic of places to lay my head I've always been a huge fan of old homes and I still am. Growing up in a Victorian house as well as a home from the 1920s helped me to appreciate the little details; built in features {bookshelves, cabinets, phone nooks, etc.} and hardwood floors truly make my heart sing. As do old window cranks, pocket doors, and thick wavy glass windows. 
I've lived in several newer apartment complexes, though, and those aren't too shabby either. Our current place is super great for a variety of reasons {one of which is our very own washer/dryer} and I really dig living here.
Thinking about our upcoming move, though, has me pondering the new living situation that we'll encounter. My guess, knowing what I do about the D.C. area, is that we'll be in an older building and, surprise surprise, I'm really looking forward it. 
I'm also thrilled about having a fabulous public transportation system {my apologies VTA, you do have some very nice qualities but D.C. metro totally owns you} and SO much history going on around us. I'm assuming we'll either have common laundry facilities in our building or need to utilize a laundromat {or wash/dry service when feeling lazy} which will be a new but also exciting experience. 
I'm the product of a primarily suburban existence; D.C. isn't New York City but it sure does have more tall buildings than San Jose, CA., and this is also something that, despite loving my school and students and family, kind of has me swooning. I just wish I could make the commute to my current job. Five hours each way wouldn't be too bad?
There's not much of a point to this evening's post rather I'm just ruminating a large life change. That's all!
And I did have a great time last night - it was lovely to see old classmates and hear of the great work they're all doing. I popped into Prom to pay my respects which was the perfect end to my evening.
Oh; are you able to see the eclipse tonight? I'm going to rush out and see if I can before I head to bed.
Have a great start to your work week!
Oh. Man. One more thing. Tomorrow is my last Monday. That's really blowing my mind.
xoxo, natty ♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment