Monday, May 28, 2012

Memory.

A hearty thank you to our veterans. Then, now, and in years to come.
Today was a lovely and low-key day. We checked out a U-Haul option for our move and visited with family. The male inhabitants of our apartment made naps a priority and I even got in a bit of running and some laundry. It sounds mundane but, y'all, these days recharge me.
In other news, let us think about the week ahead.
Who wears mouse ears?!?!
1} Since classes are over {shed a tear; I totally love my classes} I have time to grade this week. And there is a loooooot that needs to be done.
2} Maybe I'll get in some more miles this week? I'm being very cautious about my running but, at the same time, loving every minute pounding {not-too-strenuously!} the pavement.
3} Perhaps Guinness will get some longer walks? The poor thing certainly would enjoy it after a busy school year of lightening fast constitutionals.
4} We're getting more and more planning {& visualizing} done towards getting to D.C. in July; this is scary but really exciting folks!
5} A retrospective; I got to go to Disneyland last week which kind of kicked off my Leaving California Extravaganza. There are a handful of things I have on my informal list. It's not as though I'm leaving forever but, well, I am leaving and there are tons of things I love about this great state and our Bay Area. A taste of my interests :
  • Disneyland; check!
  • In-N-Out Burger; I don't often go here. I can't really remember the last time, actually, {possibly last summer as a second dinner} but I live comfortably knowing I can snag an easy dinner if I want to. Not for much longer.
  • Tacos; I'm talking about little tortillas, {GOOD and grilled} meat, some chopped white onion, cilantro and lime. Times that by ten and I'm a happy girl. I'm not sure what the Mexican food situation will be in our new home but it's a ways further from our south of the border neighbor than California is and I'm fearing a lack of taquerías.
  • Beaches; I try to get in at least one random day. It's only half an hour away and I don't take advantage of our location nearly as much as I could.
  • Lake Tahoe; I skipped last summer's trip in lieu of preparing for our wedding and it was a good choice but I'm afraid I won't get a chance to this year since we're leaving somewhat soon.
  • California; I've heard that things are different on the east coast. And I think that we're pretty laid back {soccer shorts and jeans are totally appropriate for dinner out} and that said way of living isn't the norm where we're going. We'll find out!
How did you celebrate the holiday weekend? Do you have family or friends who have served our military? Please thank them! And happy week to you!
xoxo, natty ♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment