Friday, May 11, 2012

'Splainin.

I'd like to explain yesterday's post. Mr. Mickey, my hubby, is an amazing man. I love him; I just totally & completely love him. He's also super smart. The guy married me, after all.
Doing what he does best; imitating Richard Nixon.
Anyway, he's such a smarty pants that he went and decided to go and become a master. To get to that state of masterdom he needs to go and get learned. In order to get a learnin' he needs to find an institution of higher education.
After some months of searching, writing, applying and finally deciding {as well as announcing to family, friends and coworkers} I can finally write about it; we're moving to Washington, D.C..
I have many-many-many emotions swirling around inside of me. I have since February when we started hearing back from schools. Our trip over spring break was a chance for Mike to visit the schools he was deliberating between and a chance to visit with some great people {Fence! Brother-in-law!}. We/He really took all the time we could and right on the deadline finally decided on Johns Hopkins. The campus for Mike's program is in D.C. rather than in Baltimore which is an exhilarating, scary, fantastic, amazing and stupendous opportunity for us - our nation's capitol is a glorious place. Plus Brother-in-law lives there. And the museums are free. And the metro is clean. And there are panda bears in the zoo. And they have plentiful cherry blossoms in Spring. And...
But another adjective comes to mind : bittersweet. As trite as it is to use such a description, I am really and truly torn between loving our life here {jobs, family, friends} and looking ahead at new and exciting adventures. I am grateful for this little blog to be able to record the next few months, that much I can say.
So now you know why I put up a comparison of San Jose, CA, versus Washington, D.C., though I guess I really have no explanation for my deep rooted interest in weather patterns; so much more precipitation in our new home! I promise you many more observations as we {somehow!} move ourselves, my beloved Fiestaware and a scraggly dachshund across the country sometime between now and late July. And beyond that even more updates, I'm sure, you lucky Reader you.
Will I have to change the title of this blog? I suppose I can decide later on down the road {no pun intended}.
xoxo, natty ♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment