Saturday, May 5, 2012

101 in 1001 : March & April 2012.


March came and left as did April. With my grandmother’s stroke and the traveling that we did {a weekend in Arizona in March and a week on the east coast in April} paired with the general chaos that kind of accompanied those conditions I’ve been frantic. Thus, I’m doing a two-month update and also giving myself some leeway on a few monthly/seasonly goals.

We have also got some big things coming up in the next three months and I’m looking forward to checking off several goals. I’m so happy to have started this list and to know that I have something to be accountable to.
Are you continuing with or starting any interesting goals? The end of the school year is rapidly encroaching and times of transitions always seem to be great opportunities to do something new.

And if you’re celebrating victory against the French at the Battle of Puebla today, then may you do so safely.

At the start of every month I’d like to write about my “101 in 1,001”; what I’ve completed in the past four or so weeks and what I look forward to in the next.
Click HERE to read what this is all about and click HERE to keep track of more up-to-date progress via the Google document.

March-April 2012: 3/101 goals complete; 23/101 goals in progress.

Did I begin:
* Number 53: Finish my long-ago-began t-shirt quilt. Eeeek again…no.
* Number 56: Plant bulbs. Eeeek x 3…no.

Did I complete:
* Number 30: Back up our computers. Nope.
* Number 35: Sign up for a produce delivery service. Aaaaand not yet.
* Number 63: Leave a nice and anonymous note for someone once a season; 0/11. No, but see the end of this post for an explanation.
* Number 92: Finish writing thank you notes. Almost but still “no”!

Did I continue:
* Number 1: Enjoy local nature {hiking, biking, etc.} {local = within a two hour car ride} once a month; 4/33. Yes! Desert Botanical Gardens in March and local San Jose streets in April!
* Number 16: Talk to my parents once a week; 18/132. Yes!
* Number 18: Identify 132 things that make me happy {one a week}; 18/132. Week 10: gearing up for Spirit Week! Week 11: It IS Spirit Week!. Week 12: going to Arizona this weekend. Week 13: my grammy will recover from her stroke. Week 14: Spring Break is on the horizon! Week 15: East Coast here we come! Week 16: no more airplanes! Week 17: it’s SO pretty outside! Week 18: field trip is over. Week 19: it’s AP week #1 and there are no bells at school.
* Number 25: Get all of my documents and accounts switched over to my new name. Yes…kind of! April 2012 : I have my new driver’s license!
* Number 32: Come up with a new way to be green every month; 4/6. Yes. March 2012: no manicures/pedicures. This might sound a bit prissy but I love these things and I figure that it’s fewer chemicals out there. April 2012: only women might understand this and I’m blusing just thinking about it but in the spirit of transparency I’m recording it : the Diva Cup. May 2012 : getting veggies at a farmer’s market and using less packaging in the process.
* Number 39: Walk Guinness in the evenings at least once a week; 18/156. Yes.
* Number 49: Bake cookies or breads once a month; 4/33. Yes. March 2012: chocolate chip cookies. April 2012 : sugar cookies.
* Number 50: Cook something new every month; 4/33. Yes. March 2012: enchiladas! April 2012: fajitas!
* Number 72: Go to the movies once a month; 3/33. Yes; kind of. See my above note about March. March 2012: “The Hunger Games” {everything I wanted it to be!}.
* Number 89: Continue to uphold and develop our own traditions {birthdays, New Year, Thanksgiving, Halloween, anniversary, etc.} Yes! Mikey’s birthday {3/2012}.
* Number 90: Blog once a day until June 2012. Yes!
* Number 99: Read through the “50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind” once a month; 4/33. Yes!

Unexpectedly:
* Number 4 : Visit six states I’ve never been to {an airport layover doesn’t count}. April 2012 : Massachusetts!
* Number 27: Go one month without buying anything for myself that isn’t food related. Woo Hoo! Part of my Lent this year is to not buy anything for myself that isn’t food/medicine/work related. I began on 2/22 and completed this on 3/21 {four weeks = one month}.
* Number 65 : Visit with an older/home-bound/sick person once every six months. April 2012 : visited with neighbor Ted.
* Number 71 : See my friends who live in other states once a year; 1/3. Saw Becs in March and Fence in April!
* Number 78: Visit a museum once a season; 2/11. Winter 2011-2012: The Oakland Museum of California on 2/18/2012. Spring Break 2012 : Smithsonian Institution National Museum of Natural History, National Museum of the American Indian and the Smithsonian National Museum of American History.

In May 2012…

I would like to begin:
* Number 28: Donate to my Alma Maters once a year.

I would like to complete:
* Number 25: Get all of my documents and accounts switched over to my new name.
* Number 30: Back up our computers.
* Number 63: Leave a nice and anonymous note for someone once a season; 0/11.
* Number 92: Finish writing thank you notes. 

I would like to continue:
* Number 1: Enjoy local nature {hiking, biking, etc.} {local = within a two hour car ride} once a month; 4/33.
* Number 16: Talk to my parents once a week; 18/132.
* Number 18: Identify 132 things that make me happy {one a week}; 18/132.
* Number 32: Come up with a new way to be green every month; 4/33.
* Number 49: Bake cookies or breads once a month; 4/33.
* Number 50: Cook something new every month; 4/33.
* Number 72: Go to the movies once a month; 3/33.
* Number 89: Continue to uphold and develop our own traditions {birthdays, New Year, Thanksgiving, Halloween, anniversary, etc.}.
* Number 90: Blog once a day until June 2012.
* Number 99: Read through the “50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind” once a month; 4/33.

xoxo, natty ♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment