Sunday, August 19, 2012

A discovery and a quandary.

After mass this morning I {predictably} meandered to the farmers market and picked up usual haul {rainbow chard featured prominently} but also snagged something new : okra!
I've had a mostly "meh" relationship with okra though it could hardly even be called a relationship considering I've had the things all of two or three times.

These were so pretty and I was feeling optimistic so I grabbed them and I'm excited to figure out something to do with them later this week. That's the quandary part of this post; are there any okra suggestions out there? I know they can be slimy and I'm feeling afraid of that but I've also heard beautiful things about them so I'm determined to try them at least once or maybe even twice.

Secondly, to go against the order of my post's title, I introduce to you the discovery aspect of my weekend. I think it might of started on Thursday, actually, but that counts. 

It's the Jeopardy phone game.
That's me!
I'm not big on phone games. I got kind of into Temple Run but for me "kind of into" means a week or two's worth of sporadic interest.

I tried to get into Words With Friends and I must apologize to my IRL {HA! I love using this acronym!} friends with whom I've started games because I always forget about the dang things - I'm sorry!!

But I love me some Jeopardy, as I'm sure I've made obvious in my past posts, and this game is pretty well made {unlike Bananagrams app; has anyone else been disappointed?}. It's fast, doesn't crash, I've yet to see a clue repeated, there are a ton of great answers, and it involves customizable avatars.
You even get to write your name like the TV show players do.
Do you have any phone/tablet games you enjoy? I have been known to enjoy the Pinterest application, as well as the Etsy one, and I like my bank one {dork} because it's well mapped out.
Also, we went to our local baseball team's {go Nats!} game on Friday night. 
The Nationals played well and I was FLOORED by the presidential race promotion during the fourth inning. I really can't do it justice here in this post and I took no pictures so I think that's good enough motivation to see another game in person and try to use my camera's zoom because I truly MUST record this experience. 

I will say, though, that it involves human beings wearing giant head masks of the Mount Rushmore presidents {and period costumes!} running around the field to try and beat each other. Teddy Roosevelt never wins {but he does maintain a Twitter feed HERE} and they all look like life-sized bobble head dolls. I loved it, to say the least.

Tonight I baked cookies and I'm staring at my drying rack covered in laundry and the windows are open and that's about it for the weekend.

May Monday come nicely your way.

xoxo, natty ♥

1 comments:

Laurenita said...

I've never seen the red kind before, but I've used the green ones in risotto! Might check something off your 101 in 1,001 ;)

Post a Comment