Thursday, August 16, 2012

It would've been Seven.

Yesterday, had we not made this big life change in moving to DC, I would've gone to my seventh faculty/staff beginning of the school year retreat. 

Today, I would've begun my seventh round of back to school workshops and meetings. 

Next Tuesday I would welcome my seventh class of freshmen on their orientation. 

Next Wednesday I would begin teaching my seventh year.

But, alas, none of that's happening.
I'm really sad to be missing out on all of this. I miss my friends and the familiar faces and places of work. Before I taught for six years I was also a student at my school. That's a decade's worth of memories.

But, alas, I'm also really happy and excited.

I'm happy and excited to have an amazing opportunity in our hands, the chance to do new and enlightening things.

I'm looking forward to what the days, weeks, months, and seasons have to bring us. 

This is new and good, exciting and scary, but the best thing for us that we could be doing right now and I don't think I could ask for more. 


Also, pretty skies can help ease the transition.
xoxo, natty ♥

1 comments:

Laurenita said...

I know the feeling! A bit strange not to be a part of the festivities but a lot to look forward to also.

Post a Comment