Saturday, August 4, 2012

Salad and a museum.

This is a very unorganized, picture-less, and short post; I'm beat after a week of unpacking and walking everywhere and want nothing more than to relax on the couch for several hours.
But, there are two things I can share about today.
First, I met up with a former student who is in town. We checked out the First Ladies exhibit at the Smithsonian National Museum of American History, among several other neat things {including a very detailed dollhouse!}. It was great fun seeing my student and catching up while perusing the beautiful dresses our First Ladies have worn through the years; thanks for a fun visit!
And, secondly, in an effort to not eat hot & roasted vegetables when the heat index is 105, I searched this week for a recipe that uses butternut squash in a cooler manner. I struck gastronomical gold, folks. No pun intended, though I could've made two considering the color of butternut squash AND that the Olympics are currently going on. Ha. Anyway, it is SO dang good. I think it's the tahini dressing.
Anyway, I ended up roasting the vegetables after all but it's a warm salad so the addition of cold dressing {tahini lemon!} and cool chopped veggies makes this a lovely warm weather salad. The squash could be roasted ahead of time, I'm sure, and I made a couple of my own changes : half the amount of garbanzo beans {I don't love them}, some fried up potatoes {we had some that needed to be used}, and some hunks of goat cheese.
Here's the recipe : HERE.
I love that recipe blog, by the way...I think Rebecca turned me on to it; thanks pal!
With that, good Saturday to you!

xoxo, natty ♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment