Monday, August 27, 2012

Niceness.

Today has been a lovely day. Mike is off of classes for now and I'm still bumming around so we're in a kind of fun, really nice, and almost vacation type of time. In other news.
This is what happens when you chop purple okra and it sticks to your knife.
1} I now LOVE okra. I just fried it up a bit and I imagine there are many more and more-exciting manners of preparing said veggie but it's a delightful flavor and I'm excited for this new addition to our repertoire.
2} We ran to the Georgetown area today which deserves its own post, I suppose, and I was BLOWN away by the locks - they're like little canal crossing guards. 
I had no idea that these things even exist and apparently {thanks to my husband's knowledge} there are locks in Minnesota which eluded me the whole time I was there in college. 
So cool! 
I suppose I could maybe explain it all in an even other post, but HERE'S the link for those interested parties out there.
3} THIS played a role in tonight's dinner {I added in some goat cheese and fried up bits of potatoes for extra goodness} ; yum!!
4} We did not go and get gelato for the third night in a row which is a dang good thing because that ish is exPENsive.
5} I got myself a job. This is a blessing. A huge blessing. In so many ways. If you know me and want to know a bit more, text me, or something of the sorts, and I'll fill you in, but otherwise I'll leave it short and sweet. And I start next week. So much thanks.

What's new in your neck of the woods? Is it cooling down a bit there too? It's still pretty hot & humid here, actually, but I'm not complaining, as long as my run is done before it gets too late in the day.
xoxo, natty ♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment