Monday, August 6, 2012

Airing my laundry.

I'm kind of starting to get my self on a schedule. As a teacher my summers, unless I'm working, are nicely relaxed and that's how I've let my first week in DC be but it's time for structure and on that note, here are a few good things I'm mulling over. 
A reminder of what we left in California.
1. I finally got a drying rack. During my Ikea adventure last week {more on this later} I picked up this guy.
I forgot his Swedish name, sorry.
I've been on a big air-drying kick recently. I like that without the dryer's heat I can help my clothes last longer and not shrink up {it saves money too!} though I do put sheets and towels in the dryer. 
Up to now I had been relying on shrouding every rack in our apartment with damp laundry but now I have a proper drying apparatus. The only downside is that in our new place, due to the ambient humidity, I'm assuming, it takes for-dang-ever to dry anything by air. But it does dry and I'm excited about my new toy {oh I just now realize how lame that might sound}.
2. This guy is loving the back of the couch.
He likes to keep an eye on what's going on.
3. There's some gelato waiting for me to come get it in the next two hours.
4. There's also a certain dog park that's expecting a visit this evening.
5. Our local farmer's market is chock full of lovely treats. I'm so glad to have such a resource so near to where we live {not to mention all of the other things in DC}.
What's nice about your week? Are you able to extend your summer or are you succumbing to the Back-To-School mania that seems to be all around us?
xoxo, natty ♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment