Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Around the world on my plate.

Since I'm not working yet and Mikey's quite busy with his summer session {he chose to take two classes, which is the maximum, and has been really feeling his decision in the many hours spent at his Massachusetts Avenue campus} I've been given lots of time to get things organized around here. 

Starting with a partially furnished apartment, a Ford Escape's worth of belongings, 25 boxes full of clothes and home goods, a trip to Ikea, and several Target forays have certainly provided enough to keep me busy for the foreseeable future. This is actually an ideal move-in situation for us because I can be pretty prissy about where I like things to be and this way Mike isn't waiting around for me to make up my mind about where I think things should go. 

In that same vein I've been doing quite a bit of cooking in our time here. With the free time I have and the summer produce all over the place I've been really motivated to try new recipes and not let anything go to waste {as in, let veggies go bad} and it's been great; we've tried several new dishes, very veggie-diverse ones, and even came up with one that I feel can be an almost weekly player.

Tonight, though, was one of those "I need to get rid of stuff" sort of nights and we ended up with a really random assortment of sides cobbled together to make a meal.
On our plates : roasted eggplant with tahini dressing {hello Mediterranean!}, roasted carrots with thyme, fried rice from last week's Chinese take-out side of white rice {I added in a bag of blanched spinach}, and warm toasted bread, tomato, basil, and fresh mozzarella salad.

Do you have any "empty the fridge" dinner plans? Do you {totally accidentally!!!!} let groceries, ahem, turn?
xoxo, natty ♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment