Monday, August 4, 2014

Home in Maryland.

We're back! And oh poor baby's sleep is ALL sorts of off after a weekend away but it was so worth it to spend time with friends. Each time I see college friends en masse like this, which is about once a year, I feel more and more grateful for the shared history. There's much to be said for that...I knew these people when I was technically still a teenager. Now I'm closer to the age of 40 than any year ending in "teen". Yeach.

Anyway...good things!

1. We thoroughly enjoyed this Milwaukee coffee shop.
BACON BISCUIT.
They certainly got me fortified at the airport this morning.

2. I'm glad we use very absorbent and accommodating cloth diapers; our little one had at least one accident a day over the weekend. It could be that the disposable ones I had bought were too small? Seriously though, it was ridiculous! 

3. Harking back to what I first wrote at the beginning of this post, I could long wax poetic about the virtues of friendships but I'll save that for a time when I haven't woken up at 5:30 AM and traveled and cleaned and whatever all day long.

4. I still have a bit less than two weeks left at home with my bebé. Oh despite the challenges this is a truly sweet privilege and a time for which I am eternally grateful.

5. Despite our apartment still being a wreck I've got some iced coffee concentrate brewing away on the counter. #priorities

How's your week going so far folks? 
xoxo, natty ♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment