Sunday, December 8, 2013

Yankee Swap.

Last night we had some friends over for a Yankee Swap {a.k.a. White Elephant, a.k.a. many other names I'm sure}. Our rule was that you had to bring a re-gifted gift or something worth $5 {or less} and I'll let you Goog-le the rest of the guidelines if you're so curious.

I, the pregnant woman, ended up with this.
My husband snagged this.
And this morning we woke up to this.
I decided that the tree lights had to go on and a picture had to be taken.
We didn't do anything for the holidays here last year so I'm very glad to have this little tree {he lives on a table} and it didn't get wintry like this outside until some time in January {late January I think?} so it's doubly nice to have a Christmas tree AND some snow.

But it never sticks - today it's supposed to turn into "freezing rain" {everyone's favorite thing}. I think if we were only about 25 miles further north we'd get a lot more snow than we do. As it is, it might snow but it doesn't stick. There can be big snowstorms here but I think this snow-then-melt business is what it's like, or at least what it was for us last year.

Anyway, we're warm inside, reading the paper {online, womp womp} and enjoying a great weekend. 

I hope you're warm too! 
xoxo, natty ♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment