Sunday, September 11, 2011

Community.

I think that today is always a somber day, not just on a big number anniversary. I was 17 when the attacks happened and definitely didn't fully get it. I kind of still don't get it. What I can do, though, is be grateful. I think I talk a lot on here about what I love and the things in life that I am thankful for but I am also of the mindset that one cannot do this enough. This exercise of being aware of the positive in my life and the world at large helps me to do the things in life that aren't so fun {like waking up at 6 am for work} as well as to do the things I do love {eating}. If I were to focus on the bad things {whatever they may be, for there are many} or not on anything at all, I would just be kind of stuck; I wouldn't be able to do much at all.
This is a kind of convoluted stream of consciousness post for you here today, dear reader, but it's what's on my heart. I titled the post "Community" not in a reference to the TV show but in a reference to communities all around us. I truly believe that community and caring is the key to a well functioning society {amongst a few other things}. I am really lucky to have so much great community all around me {work, friends, family...} and Mike and I were blown away by the AMAZING outpouring of community at our wedding last weekend. Folks coming together and connecting = community; it warms my heart and makes me love people as a whole and believe in great and positive things happening.
Here's to community - local, familial, global, intergalactic, animalistic, culinary and all other groups of connection; may they be joined in peace.
xoxo, natty ♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment