Saturday, September 17, 2011

What we did today.

Today we ran 16 miles. Mr. Mike and I went to the big city to get in our long run since it's more interesting than where we live. I hadn't particularly been looking forward to these 16 miles since...it's a freaking long amount of time! Mikey is great company but, still, it's 16 miles. I decided to take along my camera to get pictures of various parts of the route and keep myself entertained; fun! I got in most of the pictures while still running; I didn't want to hold us up too much. They aren't too blurry though; yea!
Here's where we started.
Photobucket

The ran began at Dog Beach and then through the Marina district. 
Photobucket 
Photobucket
This view is one of my San Francisco favorites {the dome, not the grass}.
Photobucket
These unsuspecting dog owners had two large and fluffy creatures that I couldn't resist. I was totally discrete, mind you.
PhotobucketPhotobucket

There was a family kite flying festival on the Marina green as well. I really enjoyed the scuba diver kite with the shark following him.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
The rock was in plain view all day. 
Photobucket
Photobucket
It was super clear and just beautiful in the city {no fog} and we ran and ran through that gorgeousness.
Photobucket
Aquatic Park right by Ghirardelli Square and Fisherman's Square was hosting a swim meet of sorts. I thanked my lucky stars that I'm a runner and not an open, COLD water swimmer.
Photobucket

We ran in the other direction towards Crissy Field, past Dog Beach again, and up to Fort Point {which I still haven't visited}.
Photobucket

At Fort Point there is a plaque of two copper hand prints. There's a really neat story about these hands that you can read about HERE. There's also a set of paw prints too. We {and other runners} high-five these hands when we get to this turn-around; it gives us energy! 
Photobucket
Photobucket
These funny schnauzers maybe did the paws too; I didn't see but I certainly loved them.
Photobucket

We then made our way up and over the golden gate; super windy-ness!
Photobucket
Photobucket
It was a beautiful day and we topped it all off with a repeat of last Saturday's sandwich love. I'm not linking up to information about these handy-dandy places we visited today; I think all of those links are actually on the post about our SF run with Becs {another fabulous day ♥} which you can check out HERE.
Happy Saturday!
xoxo, natty ♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment