Wednesday, September 21, 2011

D.C.

"D.C." stands for "Darn Cat" which is the title character/protagonist from one of my all time favorite movies, Disney's {and Hayley Mills'} "That Darn Cat" {1965}. This movie is a close second to Desilu's production of "Yours, Mine and Ours" {1968} with Henry Fonda and Lucille Ball, Disney's {and Ms. Mills', yet again} "The Parent Trap" {1961}and {Disney; what else?} "The Three Lives of Thomasina" {1964}. What can I say...I was born in the wrong decade. I actually think there are like at least three other in which I belong. Anyway.
Tonight, after a yum-o dinner of mac & cheese {with Gruyere & boxed wine, y'all; we're high class folk here!} Mike and I ventured out for a walk with the doggie since Indian Summer has been gracing us with her dear presence and it's very pleasant out. Within two houses I noticed that our cat Flora was following us. Flora will do this but usually stops by the corner. Recently, though, she's taken to going further, like when my friend Rebecca was here and tonight. I get nervous, though, since I don't want her to get lost or run over so we had to walk up and down our street on both sides so that the kitty-kat could walk along with us {in the gutter, actually, she doesn't want people to associate herself with such low brow people} and not get hurt or lost. So much for our cool-factor; our walks are dictated by a cat.
Over and out.

xoxo, natty ♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment