Friday, November 15, 2013

24 weeks.

Another week; yippee!!! Let’s see what’s going on these days.
How far along: 24 weeks

Symptoms: I’m feeling unwieldy. Leaning over is getting challenging so putting on socks and shoes that require more than a slip on necessitates some sitting down. I’m also having to use the bathroom more frequently, though it’s most notable at night since I’m busy and in class all day. The little guy/girl inside me also hits on my bladder a fair amount which is an odd feeling, almost like I need to go to the bathroom but almost like a little zing from inside. Also, I’m noticing my face is much rounder than normal and even my legs are bigger; the pounds are adding up.

And! I forgot to mention it last week but I’m sure that I felt baby have hiccups when we were in Shenandoah; I felt two nudges about 10 inches apart, they happened at the same time, and they happened several times in a row.

Wait gain: I was at 143 this morning, which is waaaaaay down from last week. I’m thinking it’s because I didn’t have a huge dinner last night and I had just woken up/gone to the bathroom so I was a bit dehydrated. I’m certainly not eating less so that’s the only explanation I could come up with.

Size of baby: an ear of corn or a cantaloupe; HA!

Exercise:  I’ve gotten out with Guinness for a little walk several times this week. It feels just fine. I think I need to be doing some stretching but my body feels so stiff from standing on linoleum all day that I’m not sure how much stretching it would take to feel as flexible as I used to be.

Milestones: we inherited some baby stuff this week and I cleared out a space in our closet for little one. Thanks to our friends who no longer need their baby things and thanks to my growing body because the new closet space is where the majority of my wardrobe used to reside.

I snagged some more maternity items for myself this week. My choices are getting very limited since I’ve been trying to wear a lot of non-maternity tops but the belly is making that less and less of a sensible wardrobe choice. Hopefully only a few more things after this newest batch and I might be able to make it through to March. Or is that naïve and wishful thinking? We’ll find out, I suppose.

What I miss
: nothing =)

Sex: not yet!

Movement: yes, yes, and yes!

Thoughts/questions/concerns: we have another doctor’s appointment coming up this week and I hope that everything looks/sounds good and that baby is doing well.

Sleep: I wake up at least twice a night for the baño. I’m also starting to have a hard time getting comfortable; the belly needs to be propped up but my back/hip also start to hurt if I spend too much time on one side.

Goals: get through a good doctor’s appointment.

Random: we’re going to Philadelphia this weekend to cheer friends and brother-in-law on in the Philadelphia marathon/half-marathon. I was supposed to be running this marathon, actually, but pregnancy got the better of me 11 weeks ago.

xoxo, natty ♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment