Saturday, November 30, 2013

26 weeks.



Even though I was off work this past week it feels as though so much happened! We were in New York, we spent some really nice days together at home, we cleaned {& cleaned!} and cooked {& cooked!}, friends were over, Thanksgiving was had, so much football was watched, we went out to see a movie, and we still have two mornings left to sleep in. We are so grateful, as always, for everything we’ve been given; our lives are so privileged and there’s so much joy and beauty in life. Looking ahead to next year, we can hardly believe that we get to be blessed with our little girl and the chance to be parents. On that thankful note, we’re also at 26 weeks!
No, I did not get dressed today.
How far along: 26 weeks

Symptoms: It’s been such a good and relaxing week, though my whole back was aching after cooking for several hours Wednesday and Thursday, but I think that would happen in an un-pregnant state. My belly is feeling about as big as last week but I’m feeling really full after eating not too much. That’s been happening for a while now but I think it’s a bit more noticeable.

Baby girl is moving around and squirming up a storm. Some days she’s a bit quieter than others and other days she’s all over the place. The other night I woke up to use that bathroom and it felt like she was hitting me with both her hands and feet. I’ve heard the movement/kicks can be pretty forceful a bit later on; she’s definitely gaining force as the weeks go on but I haven’t experienced any pain from her movement yet.

Overnight I’m waking up every two to three hours to use the bathroom.

It’s hard to get comfortable sitting around on the couch in the evenings. It could be just our couch but it’s either my lower back/hips that get sore or my legs that are feeling restless. Stretching them out a bit seems to help but not very much. Thankfully my legs aren’t too twitchy/restless when I’m laying down, mostly just sitting on the couch.

My gums are still sensitive and my sinuses get pretty stuffed throughout the day. I’m not getting bloody noses but every time I blow my nose you would think I had just been having a bloody nose; fun.

Wait gain: 154. But it’s the day after Thanksgiving – come on!!

Size of baby: a head of lettuce or a scallion; the scallion actually came with an explanation that it’s hard to come up with a veggie for each week and that this is merely an approximation {as they all are, right?!}…I think it’s the length of the green onion that they’re referencing.

Exercise: Not much of anything this week; just some good walking in NYC and lots of cooking on my feet this week.

Milestones: our last Thanksgiving as a child-less family; wow!

What I miss
: nothing =)

Sex: sweet baby girl.

Movement: yes, yes, and yes!

Thoughts/questions/concerns: hopefully my medical records got transferred and I can start going to the birth center before we go to the west coast. I’m also still anxious about my upcoming air travel but I think that relaxing and being confident that it’s all OK will be my best course of action.  

Sleep: Ugh; I’m waking up every two to three hours for the bathroom.

Goals: make it through school the next three weeks so that I can enjoy our two-week winter break. After that, it’s a nine-week {or so} stretch before baby girl gets here.

Random: this week has been SO nice; being home with Mike and relaxing. I really hope that by Sunday evening I’m feeling rejuvenated and ready to go back {I’m definitely not there yet but it’s still Friday so I have time}.
  
xoxo, natty ♥

2 comments:

E. Strand said...

my favorite picture yet!!!!!

Unknown said...

I actually did get dressed, it's just that this is what I put on.

Post a Comment