Monday, August 8, 2011

Marvelous Monday; so tired edition.

We traveled for near 18 hours yesterday. We left our wonderful little beach town at 7 AM {6:00 AM our time here in CA} and landed at SFO around 12:30 AM which is 1:30 AM Costa Rica time...but I didn't get into bed until 2 AM so let's tack on another hour and a half. Those 19 and a half or so hours involved a very convoluted passport-check-baggage claim-baggage re-check-customs-re-entry through security-two tram rides-approximately one mile covered on foot-and a combined total of almost two hours in a plane on the tarmac-ordeal that lasted about 4 hours total in and around the Miami airport; I never want to go to Miami again. All's well that ends well, though, and we;re all safely home; but thank goodness for no more standing around holding bags in an airport!
I'll do my marvelous five and maybe a few of the last few day pictures. I don't want to go through a mega-post right now so I'm trying to space it out over a few days you'rewelcomeverymuchdearreader.
Photobucket

Here goes:
1. Yesterday is over {see: above}.
2. I had a GREAT trip, even though it's a really busy season of my life and I wasn't thrilled about having to go.
3. I'm getting married in 26 days!
4. My great friend Becs is coming to visit me this weekend!!
5. My doggy is still super cute {though very odoriferous} after a week away.


Tori took some great beach pictures in the last few days so these are a mix of hers and mine.
Photobucket

More high tide
Photobucket

and low tide to compare. I loved low tide because you could walk out forever and low tide was great because you could just get right into the water; I liked it all!
Photobucket

The top of the coconut palm
Photobucket

to the bottom
Photobucket

and what comes in between!
Photobucket
These coconut palms ran across the beach and the gate to our school is right behind them.
Photobucket
The bright colors and pictures made me smile every day.

Speaking of, this is the little courtyard of the Intercultura in Sámara, Guanacaste, Costa Rica.

A few more monkey shots, because I love 'em.
Photobucket

A fun plant.

A 7-11 style store, The Green Iguana; lovely murals.

Some horses that we walked past on a hike we did {the hike will be tomorrow's post}.
Photobucket

The sunset as we ended our hike.
Photobucket

Not an oft occurring sight considering that it was usually overcast/rainy by this time of afternoon.
Photobucket

A few clouds to make it even prettier.
Photobucket

Our humble abode...a bit messy.
Photobucket

Our hallway {it was just our room, this hallway and the ladies room; spacious, though}.
Photobucket
Our in-the-shower light switch which really concerned Tori, though as long as it wasn't an electric shower, I was cool.
Photobucket

We went crazy our last night a got tatoos.
Photobucket

Tori's wrist one looks like the one I got on my hip.
Photobucket

Don't worry, they're henna, we didn't get that crazy.
Photobucket

The surf school we frequented had this outdoor table set-up which includes electricity.
Photobucket

As well as this super-cute outdoor shower.
I also really liked how many signs like these
Photobucket

were all over the place in Sámara, not just our school. Where we stayed there is a lot of awareness of the environment and efforts to maintain things and take care of the place => awesome!
Photobucket

The view from lunch on our last full day; we really liked this place seeing as how you could dig your feet into the sand and enjoy your lunch/dinner/whatever {plus they had wi-fi [how crazy is that there's wi-fi while at a beach front restaurant in Costa Rica? Hella crazy, that's how.]!}.
Photobucket

This was our second mama Tica Marta and her perritos.
Photobucket
Eating breakfast with her on Friday {I think} in our fabulous outdoor dining room.
Now that I look back, this is a mega-post, but it's all of the random pictures that I want to include. Tomorrow I'll put up pictures from our beautiful hike and I think that I'll be even-steven by then.
Happy Monday y'all!
xoxo, natty ♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment