Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Galletas.

That means "cookies" in the Spanish. 
Monday night I made the dough for shortbread cookies. I tried to roll it out but it needed more butter. By virtue of being shortbread cookies, more butter was adding to an already high amount of butter in said dough, but butter is always better. I was using her recipe, by the way. Quick de-railing, a while back I needed some plain cookies and had kind of been thinking of sugar cookies, they being a nice back drop for accoutrement like Nutella. I was perusing PW's cookie recipes since her recipe collection is a go-to one for me and my mind saw "s" and "cookie" so these I made only several months later to realize that they weren't even sugar cookies but they sure are delicious! Yesterday morning I took the dough out of the fridge and tried to roll it out but it was cold, so I worked it a bit with my hands and then it was good but it turned out to be a BOOGER (only figuratively) of a dough to roll. It might have been the extra butter, who knows, but I had a horrible hard time getting the stuff not to stick on the rolling pin and the board I was rolling onto. 
Photobucket
Trouble
It was worth it though because oh-my-gawsh these were DECADENT, buttery, crispy, dreamy...all of the above. 
Photobucket
Getting ready!
They were SO good! 
Photobucket
Then I bagged them up
Photobucket
and we used them as bribes around the neighborhood for signatures of our neighbors so we can get hitched and party it up in their street. The wedding will actually be in the backyard but who's counting? We are so blessed to live with such great people. I already knew most people on the block and that they're so awesome, but our neighbors were so kind and interested last night that I was able to reaffirm my belief that people are good, patient and kind. What a fun way to announce something!
I also made another batch while I had the Kitchen Aid going 
Photobucket
Nom nom nom!
and I thought I'd try to make them hearts too, which wasn't so easy since they're drop-cookies; some came out ♥-like
Photobucket
and others, blob-like.
Photobucket
The post on niceness is tomorrow, get excited.
xoxo, natty ♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment