Thursday, June 23, 2011

Scenes from a summer place, our place.

As is known by many some, we in our family have a thing for the Goodwill. Also, for the Salvation Army, the Savers, garage sales, estate sales, rummage sales, you get the picture. There is just SO MUCH stuff to be found. Exhibit A: the window dog.
Photobucket
One of them is real...
I think it's supposed to be some sort of Afghan dog.

Photobucket
one of them is not.
My auntie dear, she who perpetuates this second hand addiction of ours, got this at Willy's, as we call it. She claims they're somewhat expensive in real life which I don't doubt, and then somehow it ended up in the window. I guess it might be embarrassing, but I think it's pretty high-larious. There's a fake dog in our window!
Once, in random internet land, I read that it's a southern US thing to keep a mannequin in one's front window and to change its outfits season-to-season, or day-to-day if you have more of that time stuff people are always talking about. This is just our version here in San Jose my family.
xoxo, natty ♥
Le post script: please don't mind the poor exposure, picture wise. There is only so much that the iphone camera can do and I'm not feeling into excessively tweaking dog pictures in the photo programs I have and the real camera has gone away for a while so here we are.

0 comments:

Post a Comment