Saturday, June 4, 2011

Greek...and it's pouring out.

Last night: we ate.
Photobucket
We ate lamb with lemon.
Photobucket
We ate pastitsio...kind of like a Greek lasagne/shepards pie mix...SO.GOOD.
Photobucket
We topped it off with loukoumades...heaven. You'll have to look them up HERE to know more.
Photobucket
We also tried on a faux-fur scarf/wrap.
Today: it rains. It's June 4th. Thanks for nothing, June, after all I wrote about you? All of those nice things I said of you?
Photobucket
Pay no attention to the children toys.
Photobucket
I finally let the cat in.
I'm about to dig into some more grading but wanted to get this up. I had wanted to last night, actually, but I'm also trying to limit screen time right before/in bed and I got home kind of late.
Alsoooooo, at the end of my run yesterday, as I was walking the last half block or so as cool down, I enjoyed a neighbor's sidewalk planter box. She's a brave woman since her sidewalk is like a teenage wasteland a path for students to and from their learning at the close-by high school and middle school. The fruits, er, veggies of her labor are developing quite nicely. Enjoy these and happy weekend!
Photobucket
Squash blossoms are ever-so-yummy fried up...it sounds weird, but trust me.
Photobucket
Artichoke!
Photobucket
More blossoms...

xoxo, natty ♥


PS Mike comes home in a week ♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment