Friday, June 3, 2011

Pretty...

A student of mine gave me this beautiful necklace today. 
Photobucket
She wrote me a very sincere note to go along with it. Of all student things I've ever received, the notes speak to me the most and are very meaningful to me. This necklace was made by a woman in a community in India and my ever so wise student connected the strength and wisdom of this woman to little old me, an accolade of which I am undeserving, to say the least, but I put it on as soon as I opened it and felt the strength of the woman who made it, which is good enough for me. As I noticed it throughout the day, I was reminded of how I can so easily beat up on myself as a teacher and feel as though I'm not doing a good enough job. It's so easy for me to think that way, especially in the middle of a busy grading period or at the end of the school year when assignments and tests and quizzes pile up. I so often forget that I am strong and wise and that I shouldn't forget the confidence I know lurks within me.

I could write more and more eloquently, but it's late and we had baccalaureate mass and then hanging out afterward. I got through the hardest part of my grading today, but I'm nowhere near finished. I am, however, going to enjoy the Greek festival tomorrow night (despite the predicted thunderstorms for the next bazillion days...woe is I) , graduation on Saturday and some well deserved sleeping in...hopefully with some running thrown in here and there. I'm also still on my internet diet, though writing doesn't count, I decided today.


Buenas noches ☺
xoxo, natty ♥

PS
Lebron sucks! Beat the Heat! Go Dallas!

0 comments:

Post a Comment