Tuesday, January 24, 2012

I skied!

I spent the weekend being one of three grown ups on a high school ski trip. I loved this trip when I was one of the teenagers and I have a lot of fun "being in charge" too. We drove up on Friday to a ski resort in the Sierras; we skied Saturday & Sunday, drove home late afternoon and got home by 8:30 Sunday night and thank.you.Baby.Jesus for bringing us home so quickly and safely! I'd like to thank our bus driver as well; it was treacherous on those windy Sierra highways!
I hadn't skied in two years but it came back to me quite nicely, though I'll always be a blue kind of girl; I like to start on the bunny slope to warm up and will never ever ever go down anything black. And I'm "ok" with that.
Our winter has been pretty un-winter-like so there was concern about possibly not having any snow. It was pouring rain when we drove in on Friday {not ideal for being on the slopes!} but that rain became snow over night and we had a great amount of powder all weekend...it was lovely and made me want to go skiing again.
Look at how pretty it is!
Just to prove I was there:
This guy hung out with us a bit too...his name is Zack.
At school our second semester started today which is nice and I tried to get back into running after work since I'd been "resting" since early December with some knee pain. Well, that pain came back strong after about half a mile {which is not far for me} so I called the doc and I'm going in tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed that whatever this is goes away quickly.
To end this totally random post, we just finished watching the State of the Union and no matter what anyone says, I just LOVE listening to president Obama speak.
xoxo, natty ♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment