Saturday, January 7, 2012

What in the world?!?

Over break I uttered the words in the title right up above this during a conversation we were having as a family. I guess I do this pretty often and don't think anything of the phrase "What in the world...?" as a starter to use in normal exchanges {"What in the world will we have for dinner tonight?" "What in the world does this have to do with me?" "What in the world was he thinking?" "What in the world are you wearing?!", for example} but my mother in law thought it was hilarious; this one's for you!


Once, sometime in the past decade, I was paging through a Cabela's catalog. I discovered Cabela's when I was in the Midwest for College and thought it was pretty neat {I'm sure that you remember how I am able to get happily lost in just about any store?}; it's a Costco sized sporting goods/hunting/fishing super center.


Another weird thing that I like to do is look through catalogs. When I was younger I would mark everything I wanted with reckless abandon; I like this shirt? Well, I can't decide which color so let's circle one of each! It was fun to imagine there was no budget and no holding back, which is much unlike what shopping is/should be. I still do this from time to time, if I have enough free time, that is. 


Anyway, going through the Cabela's book is just so much fun because it's not just hunting and fishing apparel and gear but also some homey stuff and general American-ness. For one, a variety of Turducken have been spotted on their pages. If you don't know what a "turducken" is, please click HERE and enlighten yourself. I was enjoying my meander through americana at it's best when I stumbled upon HIM:
Photobucket
The Mountain Man; in all of his glory.
I could hardly believe my eyes as I'm sure you are unable to do right now as he graces your screen.
The Man himself was not for sale but rather the Coyote "Hat" that he is modeling. I'm not sure if said item is still up for grabs but once a year or so I google this image to brighten my day. I mean, has he no shame?! It has legs!!! And a fluffy tail!! And he wears it with pride. I mean, what in the world IS this thing? I hope he makes you feel the same way I do. You're welcome.
xoxo, natty ♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment