Saturday, January 21, 2012

Yum in my Tum!

I implore you to forgive the horrific post title; it's late & I'm tired. 
Anyway.
Two days ago I realized a long time dream.
This past week was actually one of my favorite of the school year - Finals Week.
Though I have a lot to grade this is one of the few times {along with Finals Week, Spring Time Version} where I can come into work and basically get work {grading} done. I get out of the house, go to work, proctor a test or two and then am able to actually do grading and planning for the rest of the day. Except for when my students take their final exams there is no new work coming in and I'm able to catch up. 
It's also a week where my lunch time isn't dictated by bells. Where I have more than a strict 35 minutes to eat lunch. 35 minutes is great and I'm grateful for lunch but it leaves no wiggle room whatsoever. I hear other people {non-teachers} talk about "where to go to lunch during their break..."; HA! 
This week, though, I am normal. I can go out to eat with coworkers. And we did. We had Indian one day and then something even more exciting. On Thursday Sam's Chowdermobile was in the area. We planned and executed a lunch time chowder run. Lordy it was divine.
I skipped the namesake dish bowl, though, and had a lobster roll and bay seasoned fries.
I'm still dreaming of buttery goodness {& counting down until our next Finals Week [May]}!
xoxo, natty ♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment