Monday, January 30, 2012

Marvelous Monday.

It's almost February...eeek! Time moves so fast as I get older. I recognize that "old" is a very relative statement...at the risk of sounding sentimental, I mean to say that time speeds up every new year of my life; Monday turns into Friday so quickly some weeks that I can't even remember Tuesday through Thursday. I digress. Some good things for us all, folks.
Photobucket
Glory Be; Monday can be a good thing!
1} This weather shot is from last Saturday but it includes most of this week. I actually think that this is kind of wrong {an opinion seen before here on SJS} and usually it's a bit chillier there this time of year but, heck, I'll take 70 degrees any day & any month.
2} Guinness, our hairy dachshund, loves looking out of windows. When we were living with my grandmother he and her dog gallivanted all day long from the living room to the dining room; both have beautiful picture windows that go down to the floor. The hounds could bark their snouts off at anyone {the neighbor kid they know very well} and everything {a leaf in the wind} passing by. They're not vicious dogs by any means, that's for sure, they're more nosy and vocal. Living in a third floor apartment with no lovely large windows our poor pooch hasn't gotten in much snooping time but he recently discovered that he can climb to the top off the couch to look out onto the world {I got in some good alliteration in that sentence, huh?}. 
He loves it and it makes me happy. Plus, it brings to mind images of a busy-body neighbor {ala "That Darn Cat" which is one of my all-time-favorite movies in case I haven't told you yet} but he's just a dog. With a curmudgeonly old lady stuck inside.
3} We're going to a crab feed this weekend; stretchy pants will be worn since beyond bountiful cracked dungeness crab there is delectable cheesy garlic bread on the menu.
4} The days are getting longer! This may appear on my list every week from now until June 21st so bear with me reader.
5} With February coming up I have some new goals to tackle...look forward to a 101/1,001 post later this week!

What's going well for you today? Are you looking forward to anything fun or exciting in the next week? 
xoxo, natty ♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment