Saturday, January 28, 2012

Love is in the Air.

I've been on a bit of a crafting/decorating kick recently...in case it's not obvious; ha! In an effort to spruce us up for the approaching Day of Lurve {which is technically EVERY day!} I've done a few things.
There was the wreath I made almost entirely of Target Christmas clearance stuff.
I've since added on some pink & red ribbon for extra fun.
I took a hint from this lady HERE and copied her hanging heart tutorial.
Pretty!
Then I sewed together the many small hearts that I cut out into a festive garland.
Sewing paper together is so dang easy! I was worried about the thread freaking out in the space between the hearts but it did no such thing and I love the result! This was a super easy project that took me about an hour total.
I also cute out some different shaped hearts from the scraps and other paper I had laying around. I used double stick tape to put them onto a few wooden dowels left over from the wedding decorations. The poor hyacinth in the picture that has brought some spring to our little abode needed some perking up and the forest of hearts did just the thing!
I think that when the flower finally bites the bullet within several days I'll get some jelly beans or m&ms, put them in a clear vase and stick in the heart-dowels for another fun piece of flair. As for the bulb I think I can just save it and that it will do it's thing again??
I try to keep things not too cluttered when it comes down to decór {mostly because it makes clean-up easier!} and little {subtle to me} things like this make my little heart sing. 

Anyway, that's it for the cutting and pasting for now; have you done any fun projects recently? Do you decorate much for holidays?
xoxo, natty ♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment