Thursday, January 26, 2012

Wahhh.

Yesterday it came to light that I have tendonitis in my knee. This is not a bad prognosis at all and in the middle of an intense training plan {or way back in college & high school when I ran but didn't love it} I might joyfully welcome a two week break. Well, not now. Ready, ready, ready, ready...ready to run! I'm ready to run {thanks Dixie Chicks}! Baby we were born to run {you too, Boss}! Enough of the song lyrics; I apologize. On my way home I noticed every single person running and felt as though they weren't appreciating their ability to jog down the street. Then I got home and found this mess:
thanks to Mr. Guinness. 
The dumb dog even ate chicken bones from dinner the night before which is a huge no-no for doggy owners; apparently not for hairy dachshunds because he seemed to be feeling just fine when I got home. Then I gave him the cold shoulder and he got sad. "Mercurial" doesn't even begin to describe his demeanor.
I'm actually feeling "ok" about it all, though, despite my apparent grumping up above. I was told to take two weeks of rest {even though I'm coming off of three} and to do some icing, stretching and physical therapy. I'm not broken or torn which is great and I can use this time to ease into my semester {unlike the very beginning of the fall semester which is when we got married and I was scrambling around like crazy and not focusing on work as much as I'd like to} and get into some crafting and possible sewing projects {it doesn't hurt that I got some great Michaels and Joann Fabrics gift cards for mah birthday {thank you so much you-know-who-you-are!} {and that's not to forget the wonderful phone calls and cards [& surprise cake (the Mikester)] that made my day wonderful - thanks so much guys!!!}!
Woot!
After two weeks I'm supposed to give it a try running and then go in for an x-ray if it's still hurting & then I'll be referred to Sports Medicine {Kaiser, though I'm SUPER grateful for healthcare, can be such a labyrinth of phone calls, different departments and hurdles to get to the one thing that you really need...oh well}.
Here's to time spent relaxing and getting better!!
xoxo, natty ♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment