Friday, January 20, 2012

A Rat or a Boar {not a Bore}.

Today I had a revelation. It's the lunar New Year time of year and some coworkers and I were talking about the upcoming new sign {Dragon} and sharing which ones we are. I am a Rat {Mouse or Rodent in some countries}. Or so I thought. After years and years of thinking I'm a Rat because all of those things {books, websites, etc.} that tell you your Lunar zodiac signs do so according to your birth year. But. The Lunar New Year begins on a different date each year and it's in January or February so one's birth year can most likely indicate one's zodiac sign. Unless you're born in January or early February.
So I realized that I may not actually be a Rat. I googled a bit and made the discovery that I am not who I had always thought I am; I am actually a Boar. I'm not feeling too distraught but much more so than I would have predicted.


According to Wikipedia, here are a Rat's qualities:
forthright, tenacious, intense, meticulous, charismatic, sensitive, intellectual, industrious, charming, eloquent, sociable, artistic & shrewd. 

A Rat can be:
manipulative, vindictive, self-destructive, envious, mendacious {?}, venal {??}, obstinate, critical, over-ambitious, ruthless, intolerant &/or scheming.

However, I am no longer.

A Boar is:
honest, gallant, sturdy, sociable, peace-loving, patient, loyal, hard-working, trusting, sincere, calm, understanding, thoughtful, scrupulous, passionate, intelligent.

A Boar can be:
naïve, over-reliant, self-indulgent, gullible, fatalistic &/or materialistic.


I'll gladly take the good qualities of both ;).
xoxo, natty ♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment