Friday, January 20, 2012

Pardon the Poor Lighting.

This week I finished our birthday wreaths. Mine weighs a bit more than Mikey's does since I used more balloons to "flesh it out" a bit. They're pretty super easy peasey to make! I'd like to put them up for the weeks leading up to our Happy Days!


If in case you have any interest at all in how you might make such a creation, read on good people! If not, the pictures are at the very end.

1} Buy a foam wreath. The bigger the wreath the more balloons you'll need. You can apparently buy plumber's foam in a tube at hardware stores for much cheaper but I haven't done it yet. I used 12 inch ones.


2} Buy florist pins from a crafting store. They're kind of "u" shaped and pretty cheap.


3} Buy your balloons. I used standard sized and you'll need lots and lots. It's a good idea to buy them from a party store where you can buy large bags of a certain color. I chose a standard scheme for the mister's and pinks with orange and white for mine.


4} Bunch and pin away! I didn't go all around on mine but did mostly the front of the wreath and the sides. The foam is not visible from the front when the wreath is hung up. 
5} Embellish as you will. I purchased gift bows from the wrapping aisle at Tar-jay but you could also make your own bows or add on other fun things. I pinned them in at the top of the wreath just using the florist pins.
6} I decoupaged scrapbooking paper in coordinating prints onto a little wooden shape {from the craft store} and then decoupaged on the words "Happy Birthday". I used an image from Google but you could write it out yourself or print it out in a fun font {check out Dafont for good ones}. It might be a good idea to not write out your own words since the mod-podge might make the ink run. I hot glued a loop of grosgrain ribbon to the back of the wooden sign and pinned it into the back of the wreath so that it hangs down.


7} Hang it up!

xoxo, natty ♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment