Saturday, July 16, 2011

A find.

My aunt and I went to an estate sale the other day. These can be kind of difficult for me to go to since they are often the bookend of someone's life and a most intimate look at what was left behind; a home. I tend to assume the most melancholy scenario and it helps to remind myself that it's the life lived that matters and that I never know the actual story of this person or family; it probably isn't as sad as I'm imagining.
Anyway, aside from my personal conflicts, there are amazing things to find at estate sales. Like this
Photobucket
it's precisely what I needed when I was twelve!
Photobucket
It's perpetually 4:25.
This house was a beautiful example of what I love about 1960s ranch style homes {again with my predilections towards burn sienna and shag}.
Photobucket
The wagon wheel chandelier is an eye-catcher, for sure.
Photobucket

This guy was on this truck{?!} across the street for reasons unbeknown to me.
I'm still on a phone-camera jag so the pictures aren't that fabulous. Actually, who am I kidding? I'm not a great photographer so they probably wouldn't be that fabulous anyway. I wish I were, though, since there was so much about this house and the decorating style that I appreciate.
Have a great Saturday!
xoxo, natty ♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment